Our review of every game from the Premier League weekend… Get the lowdown on all of the action from the eyes of a Draft Fantasy Football expert!
A reduced Review this week… there’s just too many fixtures!!
- Solid defensive displays from both Brighton and Crystal Palace – Shane Duffy and Mamadou Sakho should be your main targets if looking towards these backlines
- Marc Albrighton gains his second attacking return in as many matches – could be worth a look as he looks to re-establish himself in the starting eleven
- Erik Lamela returned to action and bagged an assist – check out our Injury Watch for our thoughts on when to sign him
- Tottenham’s full-back rotation continues, and they look to be struggling without Toby Alderweireld
- Ashley Young was one of the stars of the Gameweek, bagging two goals in his tenth consecutive start for The Red Devils – one to watch over the coming weeks
- Will Hughes ended his fine run of form, being taken off with an injury early in the second half. Abdoulaye Dourcoure and Troy Deeney were on the scoresheet for Watford
- Matt Ritchie gained his first returns for a while – worth a punt if a fellow Draft Fantasy Football manager gave up on him during his dry spell
- Olivier Giroud’s prospects have taken a massive upturn, scoring two goals after replacing the injured Lacazette at half time. Could be in for an extended run in the first team
- Two teams with a penchant for a clean sheet let us down, with Burnley and Bournemouth both scoring. Jermain Defoe marked his return with an assist, and Robbie Brady was the standout performer for Burnley. Chris Wood also notched on his return to the starting eleven
- Forgotten man Antonio Rudgier bagged the only goal of the game for Chelsea, against a resilient Swansea City side. Andreas Christensen continued at the heart of the defence
- A Wayne Rooney hat-trick was the shock of the gameweek, with most Fantasy Football managers treating him as an afterthought. Props to you if you’ve held on to the veteran during his recent dry-spell, although don’t expect another treble anytime soon!
- A patched-up Everton defence keeps a clean sheet, and David Moyes’ West Ham side lose again
- Vincent Kompany made it three starts in a row, but surely he’ll be rested for GW15
- Southampton rotate their attacking players, with Charlie Austin looking set to return to the starting eleven next time around
- Liverpool’s rotation continued, and Stoke City disappoint
📝 Draft Platform 📝
Here at The Fantasy Football Chaps, we’re proud to be pioneer’s for having a Draft Fantasy Football League that runs COMPLETELY OFFLINE! Check out our article looking into how to make this a reality, and have full control over customising your Draft League!
If this sounds like too much effort, we would highly recommend using an online platform from either the guys at Draft Fantasy or Fantrax. Draft Fantasy uses a scoring system similar to the standard Official FPL game, where as Fantrax mainly uses the more intelligent scoring system made famous by Togga. Both offer potential for end of season playoffs, as well as many other options for customisation!
🔥 Hot or Cold Player Rankings ❄️
Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Draft Fantasy Football Players. Our ‘Hot‘ or ‘Cold‘ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players, and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Draft League. Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success!