Our review of every game from the Premier League weekend… Get the lowdown on all of the action from the eyes of a Draft Fantasy Football expert!
Just a quick blitz through this GW as we’re kicking off again in 30 hours time!
- West Ham shocked the Premier League with a lunchtime victory over Chelsea – Marko Arnautovic grabbed the goal from a Manuel Lanzini assist. Could Arnautovic start playing to his full potential once again? Worth a punt!
- Burnley bagged yet another clean sheet, despite missing regular defensive members Matt Lowton and Ben Mee. A home fixture with Stoke in GW17 may bring another… snap up those Clarets defenders if you haven’t already!
- Draft Fantasy new boy Marvin Zeegelaar put a prompt stop to his prospects by getting sent off, and therefore receiving a three game ban
- Forgotten man Jermain Defoe finally scored, bagging a brace away to Palace. Many managers would have given up on him due to his faltering form – we feel your pain!
- Christian Benteke missed a 90th minute penalty, which would have given Palace the win, and Mamadou Sakho limped off with a first half injury. The Eagles prospects have certainly dropped with this news
- Huddersfield Town gained a much needed win, with Steve Mounie scoring both goals. Could the Frenchman be a Draft Fantasy Football option once again?
- Swansea gained a win and a clean sheet at home to West Brom, with Wilfred Bony scoring the only goal. We backed him in our GW16 Punting For Gold article
- The usual suspects were on show for Tottenham, and yet again they failed to gain a clean sheet without the inspirational Toby Alderweireld
- Leicester gained a last-gasp win at Newcastle, with Riyad Mahrez and Demerai Gray getting the goals. That’s two in two now for Gray
- Our GW16 Punt on Dwight Gayle paid off, as he gained a goal, an assist, and three bonus points. Everton at home next for The Magpies
- Charlie Austin scored again, with Dusan Tadic grabbing the assist. If Austin is still a free agent, snap him up immediately!! Tadic may also be worth a look now The Saints actually have a goalscorer on the pitch – The Serbian has gained decent returns in recent weeks
- Arsenal rescued a point via an Oliver Giroud goal – could he be in for a GW17 start? Elsewhere, an injury to Aaron Ramsey will open up the door to a new face…
- Massive rotation in the Liverpool ranks dampens the prospects of pretty much all o their players – there is literally no way of knowing who’s going to start these days!
- Wayne Rooney bagged another goal, with Dominic Calvert-Lewin gaining the assist. Both of these are worth picking up if they are free agents
- Sergio Aguerro was benched for Man City, so expect him to start GW17 if you’re holding him. Elsewhere, an injury to Vincent Kompany will provide Pep with some big decisions to make in defence
- For Man Utd, Marcus Rashford scored their goal, but rotation could be key after this defeat. Could Romelu Lukaku finally be dropped in favour of Zlatan?!?! Maybe, just maybe
📝 Draft Platform 📝
Here at The Fantasy Football Chaps, we’re proud to be pioneer’s for having a Draft Fantasy Football League that runs COMPLETELY OFFLINE! Check out our article looking into how to make this a reality, and have full control over customising your Draft League!
If this sounds like too much effort, we would highly recommend using an online platform from either the guys at Draft Fantasy or Fantrax. Draft Fantasy uses a scoring system similar to the standard Official FPL game, where as Fantrax mainly uses the more intelligent scoring system made famous by Togga. Both offer potential for end of season playoffs, as well as many other options for customisation!
🔥 Hot or Cold Player Rankings ❄️
Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Draft Fantasy Football Players. Our ‘Hot‘ or ‘Cold‘ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players, and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Draft League. Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success!