Our review of every game from the Premier League weekend… Get the lowdown on all of the action from the eyes of a Draft Fantasy Football expert!
- A couple of potential low-ownership midfielders grabbed some decent points among the big hitters on Friday night. Granit Xhaka scored his first goal of the season, and Emre Can bagged an assist and three bonus points
- A goalless draw opened proceedings on Saturday lunchtime, as Chelsea and Everton shared the spoils. Willian and Pedro both started, but failed to deliver. Changes in the Everton backline means the preferred options are no longer clear. Jonjoe Kenny may be the best option
- A Brighton clean sheet, as predicted in our GW19 Calculating The Cleanie, promotes the prospects of Lewis Dunk and Mat Ryan. Another fine defensive display from Chris Hughton’s resolute side, despite Shane Duffy being missing through suspension
- Watford failed to deliver again – certainly not taking advantage of their kind fixtures. Keep hold of Richarlison if you own him, but ditch any other Hornets
- Another destructive display from Manchester City, with the big guns delivering once again. Vincent Kompany returned to the side, but is likely to be rested for GW20. Ilkay Gundogan and Bernardo Silva came on as late substitutes; both could earn starts for GW20, so its worth a gamble if either are free agents
- Bournemouth were whacked for four once again, and have plenty of injury concerns. Not recommended at the moment
- Laurent Depoitre and Charlie Austin bagged the goals during an eventful game at St Mary’s stadium. The big Belgian was highlighted in our GW19 Punts, and Austin has featured on our Hot List for a while. Austin went off with a potential hamstring injury, however
- Stoke City gained a much needed win, with Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting and Joe Allen each bagging a goal and an assist. Choupo-Mothing may be a free agent, so he could be worth another look if Stoke can find some form once again. Salomon Rondon gained the consolation goal for The Baggies
- Luka Milivojevic scored his second penalty in four weeks, with Ruben Loftus-Cheek providing the assist this time around. Crystal Palace failed to earn a much fancied clean sheet, with Jordan Ayew bagging The Swans’ goal
- Newcastle took away a much fancied West Ham clean sheet, with Christian Atsu the star of the show. The Ghanian international took home a goal and two assists – he’s definitely one to watch over the Christmas period
- Marko Arnautovic banged in another goal; sign him up immediately if he’s a free agent. Antonio started as the lone striker once again, but was replaced before the hour. The Hammers may revert to fielding a natural striker for the GW20 clash with Bournemouth
- Tottenham blitz past Burnley, with potential free agents Serge Aurier and Ben Davies gaining a clean sheet as well as bonus points. Expect Kieran Trippier and Danny Rose to start the GW20 fixture against Southampton
- The injuries are piling up for Burnley, and with a hard fixture list upcoming, it may be time to move on from all Clarets assets. Chris Wood was the latest to suffer from an early withdrawal
- Our boy Juan Mata bagged sensational 15 points after we backed him in our Punting For Gold article. The Spaniard has been putting in some great performances lately, and is well worth a punt for the coming weeks. Jesse Lingard was highlighted in our Punts too, and he gained an assist
- A last-gasp Harry Maguire equaliser gained Leicester a point, with the assist coming from Marc Albrighton. Maguire is dangerous at both ends of the pitch, so look to trade him in if you can!
📝 Draft Platform 📝
Here at The Fantasy Football Chaps, we’re proud to be pioneer’s for having a Draft Fantasy Football League that runs COMPLETELY OFFLINE! Check out our article looking into how to make this a reality, and have full control over customising your Draft League!
If this sounds like too much effort, we would highly recommend using an online platform from either the guys at Draft Fantasy or Fantrax. Draft Fantasy uses a scoring system similar to the standard Official FPL game, where as Fantrax mainly uses the more intelligent scoring system made famous by Togga. Both offer potential for end of season playoffs, as well as many other options for customisation!
🔥 Hot or Cold Player Rankings ❄️
Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Draft Fantasy Football Players. Our ‘Hot‘ or ‘Cold‘ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players, and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Draft League. Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success!